Wednesday 27 June 2012

Wimbledon Art College Course Day 2

In today's lesson we focused on pushing our ideas onto the next step, as on Friday's lesson we will be doing a performance using the artwork we have created over the four days. At the end of yesterday's lesson, I discovered a really nice method to use with ink, where I placed a blob of drawing ink onto a piece of a paper and used a thin straw to blow it into a shape which began to resemble the branches of a tree. I really liked the idea of blowing ink to create tree-like shapes, and decided to develop this idea by blowing the ink onto corrugated card and then creating mountainous scenery in a box


Mountainous scene in box

Using a hair-dryer to experiment with ink blowing


Tree experiments on corrugated card


Blown trees in box with atmospheric lighting

Experimenting with ink on acetate


I also experimented with blowing the ink onto sheets of acetate by mixing the ink with black acrylic paint so that it stuck to it. This technique worked really well and tomorrow I am going to try using an overhead projector to project this ink tree onto the scene I have made. I'm also going to try and overlap the different sheets of acetate and try different colours of it to see what effects this creates.

No comments:

Post a Comment